During these unprecedented times, Community Connections has joined the concerted community effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Contact Hannah Zorn, Intake Case Manager, at 970-335-2071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing funding for families to support the extra expenses experienced when caring for individuals with developmental disabilities, Family Services monies can be applied for:
• Respite care for the family member with a disability
• Professional services for an individual with a disability
• Medical services not covered by public or private insurance
• Transportation and other costs associated with accessing medical or professional services
• Assistive Technology
• Home modification
• Parent and sibling support
Supporting families as primary caregivers of individuals with disabilities, our FSSP goals are to:
• reduces, delays or prevents out-of-home placement which are unwanted by the person or family, and support, as appropriate, returning the person to the home and support
• reduces the added stress on families as a result of supporting a family member with a
developmental disability in the home
• provides flexible and responsive services and supports which are easily accessible and chosen by families who provide care
• promotes family choice and local decision-making
• encourages and supports community participation for persons with developmental disabilitiesServices may be provided on an ongoing or emergency basis. Children under 5 may be eligible if they have a documented developmental delay as evidenced by having an Individualized Family Support Plan (0-3) or Individualized Education Plan (3-4). Individuals aged 5 and above must meet the eligibility criteria for developmental disabilities.
Family Support Services
like, friend & follow!
sign up for news
Main office: 281 Sawyer Drive, Suite 200, Durango, CO 81303
Cortez office: 105 S Harrison, Cortez, CO 81321
Pagosa Springs office: 301 N. Pagosa Blvd., Unit B-19, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
Office hours: M-F 8am - 5pm. Access to a TDD system upon request
COMMUNITYCONNECTIONSCO.ORG. I All rights reserved.© Copyright 2021. Website Designed, Created, and Powered by Marketing Concepts Squared